[ale] Good Linux laptops

Michael Nolan michaeldnolan at gmail.com
Sat Mar 16 22:36:55 EDT 2013

I have many laptop power jack fixes floating about that consist of a
1/8 inch barrel plug and socket with 2~3 inch pigtails that I used to
get from a electronics store on the east side of Northside Dr. @ 10th
street. I used to buy them by the handfuls, and I've never had to do
that repair twice. It leaves a ugly two inch tail hanging out of the
laptop and it's a "live" male plug on the power supply end. Not
elegant, but I like danger and it works and disconnects clean on a
pull to the conductors.

I just looked at Google maps and it looks like the location is now
taken over by The Southern Regional Board Student Student Center
Commons or somesuch.

Anyone remember the name of that place? or if or where they have moved
to? (best stock of shrink tube I've ever seen...)