[ale] GUI for working on a remote Subversion workspace?

Chuck Payne terrorpup at gmail.com
Thu Jun 13 11:09:47 EDT 2013

KDE has svn build in, I use to use dolphin to connect to svn server.
Just look at the distro you are using and find the SVN plugin for
Dolphin.

On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 10:52 AM, James Sumners <james.sumners at gmail.com> wrote:
> This is why my original reply suggested a more robust VCS. Let the
> users checkout the project to their own computers and coordinate their
> efforts amongst their own repositories before submitting back to the
> central repository.
>
> On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 10:46 AM, Derek Atkins <warlord at mit.edu> wrote:
>> James,
>>
>> James Sumners <james.sumners at gmail.com> writes:

>>> I think he is wanting the users to work on a remote checked out copy
>>> of the project.
>>
>> [ after fixing your top-posting... ]
>>
>> So the *checkout* is remote to them, as opposed to them checking it out
>> locally on their own machines from a remote repository?  If so, then how
>> would you prevent multiple users from overwriting each others' work, or
>> potentially committing other people's work?
>>
>> -derek
>

> --
> James Sumners
> http://james.roomfullofmirrors.com/
>
> "All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts
> pathological personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it
> is magnetic to the corruptible. Such people have a tendency to become
> drunk on violence, a condition to which they are quickly addicted."
>
> Missionaria Protectiva, Text QIV (decto)
> CH:D 59

Terror PUP a.k.a
Chuck "PUP" Payne

(678) 636-9678
openSUSE Ambassador/openSUSE Member
Community Manager -- Southeast Linux Foundation (SELF)
freenode(irc) --terrorpup/lupinstein
Register Linux Userid: 155363

Have you tried SUSE Studio? Need to create a Live CD,  an app you want
Studio a try. www.susestudio.com.
See you at Southeast Linux Fest, June 7-9, 2013 in Charlotte, NC.
www.southeastlinuxfest.org