[ale] [OT] Life north of ATL?

Ted W ted at techmachine.net
Thu May 24 09:30:52 EDT 2012

On May 23, 2012, at 9:01 AM, leam hall wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I'm looking for a transition and we're strongly considering moving
> north of ATL. Theory is that I can drive down to the Red Line and then
> train in. how feasible is that, and how far out do you have to be to
> avoid things like HOAs and crowds?
>
> Not looking for high rent but a little grass in the yard for the dogs.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Leam

I would avoid anything nort of Delk Rd. and South of the 75/575 split if you're thinking of anywhere along I-75. I used to live off Exit 263 while I was in college at SPSU and shortly afterwards. I moved just a few miles further south to a place off Exit 259A about 3 months ago. I commute to work downtown every day, usually leaving between 8 and 8:30. My commute in from Exit 263 used to take anywhere from 30 - 45 minutes. After moving my commute is now 15 minutes (25 on a bad day). All of the traffic I would hit was from I-285 and up.

One of my coworkers lives in Sandy Springs (not sure exactly where but he says he's only about 3 miles from the Dunwoody MARTA station). He rides his bike to the MARTA station and then takes the train in from there. His commute is about 45 minutes this way.
--
Ted W. < Ted at Techmachine.net >
Registered GNU/Linux user #413569