[ale] Fwd: Jim - cannot post this message to ALE, please post for me

Geoffrey Myers lists at serioustechnology.com
Tue May 8 11:40:38 EDT 2012

On 05/08/2012 11:17 AM, Rich Faulkner wrote:
> Use common sense. Don't take tax records and sensitive data about on
> your laptop. Don't expose high value items to high risk situations (like
> theft!) Go with a basic laptop with what you need and nothing else. Keep
> it simple and you won't likely have any problems...

I just wonder though, if they ask you to fire up the laptop and it boots
into Linux rather than the familiar Windows they expect.  Especially if
rather than a boot screen, you have it scrolling through the boot process.

I suspect that might freak them out.

--
Until later, Geoffrey

the pretense of taking care of them."