[ale] Fwd: Jim - cannot post this message to ALE, please post for me

Lightner, Jeff JLightner at water.com
Tue May 8 11:55:37 EDT 2012

If you don't mind spending hours sitting in detention while they verify you are NOT a terrorist or them simply deciding to blow up your device you could put in a boot script that starts a large countdown display.  :-)

Of course you'd have to make sure it was innocuous enough to allow for plausible explanation (e.g. I swear it was just a countdown to start of my WiFi).  Putting a message in the countdown like "10 seconds to detonation" would surely get you arrested for "terroristic threats".

I remember several years ago when there was a high alert for the Unabomber in California.   They couldn't find the owner of one suitcase right away so they blew it up on the tarmac.   The next morning I had to fly out with the briefcase full of connectors, RS232c tester, cables etc... I had blithely checked through on my way to California.  You can be sure I carried that one on board on my way home and made them search it in my presence to avoid such "precautionary blasting".