[ale] Linux and cell modems

Neal Rhodes neal at mnopltd.com
Thu Mar 1 18:30:29 EST 2012

This might be viewed as cheating, but in the camper we run a Cradlepoint
CDR-350, which connects to most all the USB devices, and provides
wireless to all nearby devices, including linux and tablets.

It pretty much just works out of the box.    It's a tiny little thing,
and it lets you put the cell device where-ever it needs to be for best
signal.   In fact, my experience is that using it is more stable than
using the Verizon software with a PC directly.   It also gives you a
fairly decent NAT firewall out of the whole thing.

Neal