[ale] irc server on intranet

chip chip.gwyn at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 11:52:21 EST 2012

I would also recommend that if you're using an IRC channel where code
is  a big topic of conversation you setup a "pastebin" on a local
webserver and paste urls to example code instead of spamming the
channel with code.

Here's one written in perl that's super easy to setup:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pnopaste/

--chip

On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 9:01 PM, Narahari 'n' Savitha
<savithari at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you so much.  Yes we can touch base off-line pretty much any time.
>
> If not, I can be reached on google chat with id of savithari
>
> In the meanwhile which flavour of irc server do you use ?
> Which linux distro do you use ?
>
> What prelims I need to do to prep myself ?
>
> -Narahari
>

> On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 7:00 PM, Collin Pruitt <collin at collinp.com> wrote:
>>
>> On 2/29/2012 6:09 PM, Narahari 'n' Savitha wrote:
>> > Thank you folks so much for those great responses.
>> >
>> > What I would like to do is set up irc server so there are various
>> > channels.
>> > one for UI dev
>> > one for server dev
>> > one for analysis talk
>> > one for qa
>> >
>> > As a developer I want (or may be wanted) in diff channels to talk/ask
>> > questions
>> >
>> > I thought that in a single app I can switch between various rooms.
>> >
>> > I dont want this server to be accessible from outside the intranet & I
>> > dont want to access out side servers as well.
>> >
>> > What are the basics I need to know about irc servers ?
>> >
>> > You mentioned so many of the server flavours.  Can you folks please
>> > guide me on this ?
>> >
>> > -Narahari
>> >
>> May I contact you off-list on this? I could explain everything in mucho
>> detail if you want, and walk you through setting up one if you so wish.

Just my $.02, your mileage may vary,  batteries not included, etc....