[ale] irc server on intranet

Narahari 'n' Savitha savithari at gmail.com
Wed Feb 29 18:09:32 EST 2012

Thank you folks so much for those great responses.

What I would like to do is set up irc server so there are various channels.
one for UI dev
one for server dev
one for analysis talk
one for qa

As a developer I want (or may be wanted) in diff channels to talk/ask
questions

I thought that in a single app I can switch between various rooms.

I dont want this server to be accessible from outside the intranet & I dont
want to access out side servers as well.

What are the basics I need to know about irc servers ?

You mentioned so many of the server flavours.  Can you folks please guide
me on this ?

-Narahari