[ale] irc server on intranet

Brian Mathis brian.mathis+ale at betteradmin.com
Wed Feb 29 17:05:45 EST 2012

And often many people take this position on their own.  Some people
simply have personal problems with the idea of having a manager, and
the attitude is obvious and problems become a self-fulfilling
prophecy.  There are many people who just want to sit in their cube
and not be bothered by anyone.  That's a self-inflicted problem, not
something created by the job.

But my point was that any tool like this should be presented as a
productivity tool.  If you are trying to hide things, the boss would
notice this and lose trust, but if you do things in the open, it
actually builds trust.  That doesn't mean it won't be painful for a
while if you are in a situation where you need to make this
transition.

❧ Brian Mathis