[ale] OT: Who else plans to get a RaspberryPi?

Brian MacLeod nym.bnm at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 12:20:24 EST 2012

On Sat, Feb 25, 2012 at 5:17 PM, Ted W <ted at techmachine.net> wrote:

> What kind of projects do you have planned? What kind of expectations
> do you have for it?  Personally, I'm probably going to play with it for a
> bit, no project in particular. I hope to eventually make a box to put
> XBMC on it as it looks like it is fairly capable of decoding HD video.

I plan on it, and my boss knows that well enough that he got GTLIB to
mirror the software distribution.

I have several projects in mind, personal and work related:
Centrally controlled content filter device for my less tech savvy
relatives with kids
Network monitoring device (already working on this with Sheeva based devices)
Portable desktop with remote access (naturally)
Smarts for what I guess they should call "dumb" TVs

bnm