[ale] possibility of a non Android Linux tablet

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Thu Feb 23 14:47:29 EST 2012

On Thu, 2012-02-23 at 11:28 -0500, Chesser.Damon wrote:
> I own an Ainol 7 Paladin which IS a MIPS running ICS.  What wrong with
> MIPS?  I mean I got the thing for $105 with shipping.  Now I know that I
> have no use for a tablet, but it did not cost me $500 to find out :)
> Works good.  Nifty.  Just never use it.

The only issue with MIPS is app compatibility.   I'm not an Android
programmer so I'm not sure why this is an issue.  I suspect it has to do
with pieces of an app using native interfaces.  For example, most Java
programs are portable, but if you use JNI you'll lock yourself to the
platform you've compiled the native interface for.

Chris