[ale] MySQL Cluster

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Sat Feb 18 14:59:47 EST 2012

On Sat, 2012-02-18 at 09:22 -0500, Mike Harrison wrote:
> In reality, it looks like we'll just have to configure a cluster
> and do some experiments. I know we'll have to code around some
> potential
> issues with unique keys.. and figure out other management issues.
>
> Like any complex system, the answers get more specific the more
> complex the scenerio is.

Well then experiment with me.  I've been wanting to do this, but I need
to rework the applications so that I don't have them doing all the same
thing.

I have one application that looks for new rows in table A and then sends
out email.  If I have a cluster of these servers. each running that app,
how do I keep them each from sending out the same email?

My issues are more application issues than getting clustering to work.
I'm sure I can do master-master replication.  I need to get the programs
to behave.

Chris