[ale] MySQL Cluster

Mike Harrison cluon at geeklabs.com
Sat Feb 18 09:22:54 EST 2012

On Fri, 17 Feb 2012, Lightner, Jeff wrote:

> Silence here I think doesn't say that much.  I've noticed that commercial install questions here usually go unanswered whereas discussions of emacs vs vi can go on for days.  I'd think most folks doing clustering for MySQL are doing it in a commercial environment.
>
> Have you looked for MySQL specific forums or mailing lists?
>
> Was I correct in thinking you'd be amenable to Postgresql instead?  If so did you see Geoffrey Meyers' post?

The problem is retooling is changing about 15+ man-years of work,
procedures, ways of doing everything. and testing everything. SQL != SQL
in complex applications. If the pain of retooling to use MySQL Cluster
was roughly equal to retooling to PostgreSQL... PostgreSQL wins,

As for MySQL specific forums, yeah, I've looked. A lot of noise
and marketing BS like:

http://forums.mysql.com/read.php?26,514297,514297#msg-514297

Which, while interesting, is a product/services pitch more than
anything else.

There are a lot of other threads:

http://forums.mysql.com/read.php?26,512095,514213#msg-514213

In reality, it looks like we'll just have to configure a cluster
and do some experiments. I know we'll have to code around some potential
issues with unique keys.. and figure out other management issues.

Like any complex system, the answers get more specific the more
complex the scenerio is.