[ale] Suggestions for topics and events for our lug

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 09:49:55 EST 2012

Maybe a two session meeting. First is a brief history of the open source
movement and a in depth look at its importance in current world practice
both business and academic/public institution.  This will help spur
interest as an IT profession.
Then either an installfest or a live CD giveaway with demonstration of
capabilities. Be sure to refer back to the history and use talk during the
demo.