[ale] raid suggestions

mike at trausch.us mike at trausch.us
Fri Feb 10 12:06:34 EST 2012

On 02/10/2012 12:03 PM, Lightner, Jeff wrote:
> Maybe a timely 36 hour downtime would encourage folks there that they
> need to invest in backup technology.   Backups never seem important
> until you NEED to do a restore.

That's pretty much the way I figure it.

That said, I work like hell to try to ensure that it doesn't happen.  36
hours of restoration, trying to catch naps where I can, does NOT sound
like a good way to spend 1.5 days.

But it does sound like a really good invoice.  Almost not worth the loss
of sleep, though.  So... I work like hell.  :)

	--- Mike

                                   --- Carveth Read, “Logic”