[ale] raid suggestions

Lightner, Jeff JLightner at water.com
Fri Feb 10 12:03:44 EST 2012

Don't we all...

It took several years of campaigning and regular backup failures before the powers that be finally replaced our old LTO1 tape library (with fibre muxes to convert SCSI) with a new one LTO5 with fibre drives STK L700 with the Quantum i6000.   That thing has been going like gangbusters for over a year now.

Maybe a timely 36 hour downtime would encourage folks there that they need to invest in backup technology.   Backups never seem important until you NEED to do a restore.