[ale] I can see why RHEL people don't use Emacs...

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 17:48:31 EST 2012

On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 3:44 PM, Lightner, Jeff <JLightner at water.com> wrote:

> No - we don't use EMACS because VIM is clearly superior.

+1

> (*ducks and runs for cover*)

(stands and prepares for battle)

EMACS requires a bazillion pieces to use on rhel because of it's (EMACS)
design as a swiss-army-knife approach to system everything. In other
distros, they hide all the pieces from you by just statically compiling in
all the EMACS fluff bits.

EMACS is for programmers whose systems never fail. Vi(m) is for admins and
programmers who know better.

James P. Kinney III

- *2011 Noam Chomsky

http://heretothereideas.blogspot.com/