[ale] ownCloud (was: Re: Best Offsite Backup Solution for Home)

chip chip.gwyn at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 16:05:33 EST 2012

I've been using owncloud for a while.  Overall it's pretty slick.
However, I've yet to be able to get my Mac to publish calendars to the
DAV stuff or get anything else to either.  Now granted, I haven't
tried REAL hard.  The bookmarking and file sharing apps is what I use
most and that seems to work just fine.  They've just released version
3 and it's a nice improvement.

--chip

On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 3:48 PM, Crawford Rainwater
<crawford.rainwater at linux-etc.com> wrote:
> Just a thought since ironically we have had two requests to look into this, but there is ownCloud which is a PHP + WebDAV deal for storage via the web.  Seems you can include a variety of files and formats, with MP3 playing directly as well as some CalDAV for a Calendar and CardDAV for Contacts.
>
> http://www.owncloud.org
>
> Granted, it is not a service and still early stages, but not a bad thought or idea.
>
> Feedback on this is welcomed especially if anyone uses it.
>
> --- Crawford
>
> The Linux ETC Company
> 10121 Yates Court
> Westminster, CO 80031 USA
> voice:  +1.303.604.2550
> web:    http://www.linux-etc.com
>
> Please do not print this email unless it is absolutely necessary.  Be friendly to the environment by saving paper.

Just my $.02, your mileage may vary,  batteries not included, etc....