[ale] who is eating my drive

Pat Regan thehead at patshead.com
Tue May 31 14:09:43 EDT 2011

On Tue, 31 May 2011 13:33:15 -0400
James Sumners <james.sumners at gmail.com> wrote:

> So, we can assume 4GB isn't a universal default :)

Without looking it up, I would bet that the default is set in the
kernel at compile time and probably varies by distro.  I'm pretty sure
all my Ubuntu machines default to 4 gigs for tmpfs.  I only have
machines nearby with 4 and 8 gig of memory, though.

I'm not at home to check this week, but my arcade cabinet is running
Ubuntu and only has 1 gig of ram and I'm pretty certain its tmpfs mount
points are all 4 gig.  Don't trust my brain, though :)

Pat