[ale] VMWare Server and time

The Don Lachlan ale-at-ale.org at unpopularminds.org
Wed Mar 30 14:47:23 EDT 2011

On 03/30/2011 02:34 PM, James Sumners wrote:
> In both cases, that depends. Setting the clock algorithm to pit might
> not be the best option. And if your system is very time dependent
> (e.g. you do Tomcat clustering), then you will want NTP installed and
> the VMWare clock update disabled (probably). Check out the first link
> under "Additional Information" in the article you linked. It's the
> article I linked in my reply.

I'd seen it when I dealt with this before, I just found the link I sent
first and felt that was a good starting point for him. I'm not going to do
ALL the work for him. ;)

As for NTP, I'm working off my recollection from solving this a few years
ago. You may be correct and I'm misremembering. I write things down just so
I have more free space to remember that the gang leader who said, "Warriors!
Come out and play-ay!" also played the gang leader who said, "There ain't no
comin' back, man. There ain't no comin' back!", and also played an
institutionalized guy looking for a blue-bird and a convict who set Chris
Rock on fire.

-L