[ale] VMWare Server and time

James Sumners james.sumners at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 14:58:04 EDT 2011

I should state that I'm not an expert on this. I just have the links
handy because I have been reading them today. I am actually working on
the same sort of problem right now.

In regard to NTP, from the "Linux Timekeeping Best Practice" VMWare
knowledge base article: "Note: In all cases use NTP instead of VMware
Tools periodic time synchronization." So it seems like a good idea to
go with NTP over the server's ticks.

--
James Sumners
http://james.roomfullofmirrors.com/