[ale] GIT Gui Linux & Windows

Michael Trausch mike at trausch.us
Fri Mar 25 21:01:45 EDT 2011

On 03/25/2011 04:26 PM, James Sumners wrote:
> One of the reasons I opted to switch to Mercurial from Subversion
> instead to Git is a lack of Windows and OS X support (by Git). So I
> don't think you are going to find much in the way of Git GUIs for
> Windows. However, it looks like there is a Tortoise project that is
> active[1]. I'm sure you can find a greater selection of GUIs for
> Linux. [2] lists a couple.

Bazaar has wonderful cross-platform support as well; I've used it on
multiple Linux distributions, Mac OS X, and Windows systems.  I chose it
over git because it's simpler, and over Mercurial because at the time
Mercurial was pretty bloody useless.  I actually haven't checked out hg
again since then, because it _really_ rubbed me the wrong way.  It took
forever to get a simple clone and for that matter, if memory serves, I
had to use some out of band means to get the clone because it wouldn't
work normally or something.  I don't remember anymore.

	--- Mike