[ale] thinking about trying new linux distro on my netbook, any suggestions?

James Taylor James.Taylor at eastcobbgroup.com
Sat Mar 12 22:14:29 EST 2011

I recently got a Toshiba NB255, with a dual core atom processor, 1GB RAM and a 260GB drive.
They call it a netbook, but it seems more like a small notebook.
I installed the 32-bit version of openSUSE 11.3 using a USB drive, and it installed and has run flawlessly since I put it on.
Every piece of hardware was recognized and is running, including camera, microphone, wireless and wired network and sound.
I am really happy with it.
I  have put every app on it that I have on my 64-bit notebook, with exception of VMware WS, and it is fast and completely functional.
-jt

James Taylor
678-697-9420
james.taylor at eastcobbgroup.com

>>> Van Loggins <vanloggins at gmail.com> 3/12/2011   05:30 PM >>>
Guys, I wanted to follow up, I wound up going with Linux Mint Debian
Edition, so far so good, I even got my broadcom wireless card working
without too much effort.

I'm not sure if it's software repository is coming straight from debian, or
if it's their own separate site that pulls from debian, sure seems slow,
I've been downloading over 600+ updates for over 4 hours now, and mind you
I'm at work and using an international internet hosting company's
bandwidth... LoL