[ale] [OT] (slightly) Value Free Speech and Fair Use? Join and support the EFF!

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Jun 27 13:00:47 EDT 2011

Aaron Ruscetta <arxaaron at gmail.com> writes:

> A nice endorsement of EFF from a regular column in the
> Chronicle of Higher Education:
>
> <http://tinyurl.com/profhacker4eff>
> <http://preview.tinyurl.com/profhacker4eff>
>
> EFF is our strongest voice for defending our civil liberties in the
> courts of the U.S. legal system. It's an uphill battle though, becaue
> for more than 25 years the rabid rapist right wing has politically
> blockaded judicial appointments wherever the candidate had
> a history of defending the U.S. Constitution and the civil liberties
> of citizens against corporate greed, corruption and abuse.

Eroding of civil liberties is not limited to just the right wing.  We've
seen erosions under Clinton and Obama, as much as we've seen erosions
under Bush.  I think the erosion is more a factor of the "have power,
want more power" than about which side of the aisle the leader comes from.

> peace
> aaron

-derek