[ale] Android dialer issues and solutions

Michael B. Trausch mike at trausch.us
Fri Jun 24 13:53:51 EDT 2011

On Fri, 2011-06-24 at 13:49 -0400, Narahari 'n' Savitha wrote:

> Right I tried what you said and disconnected right away and the call
> logs looks right.'   With calling card in the picture it messes up.
> Any solution ?

Yes, if you have no problem with obtaining the source code and patching
it to deal with that in some way.  The thing is this: there really is no
way for the Dialer application (which is the same application that shows
the call logs) to know that the number that you're dialing is a calling
card.  It records the number that you dialed, because that's what it's
supposed to do.  Once the line is connected, everything after that is
essentially opaque.

There are a few possibilities that I can think of that would work around
*some* instances of this problem, but I can think of no solution that
would work universally and completely without messing something up.

	--- Mike