[ale] [OT] Are iPhone apps $$$ why Android apps are free?

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Fri Jun 10 11:53:47 EDT 2011

On Fri, 2011-06-10 at 11:36 -0400, Richard Bronosky wrote:
> I like there being official App Stores. I like better that Amazon also
> has an Android App Store in addition to the official. But what is a
> moral imperative is that device owners have the option to develop
> and/or install apps outside of the App Store and its oversight.

Agreed.  A friend of mine had a cool wifi scanning program for his
iTouch.  After I bought mine it was no longer available.  Apparently it
is against Apple's policy to scan for available networks.  Now, the only
programs in the App Store are those that are noting more than a database
of free access points that people have reported.