[ale] Virtualization recommendations

Crawford Rainwater crawford.rainwater at linux-etc.com
Thu Jun 9 13:57:51 EDT 2011

Greg:

I would recommend KVM on Ubuntu 10.04LTS.  There is some nice documentation on getting the host system going as well as configuration files in place.  However, I will also warn it is more CLI oriented than GUI unless you use something like virt-manager or similar.

The Ubuntu documentation can be found at
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/KVM

which should get you started.  As for FreeNAS and Asterisk, that is another thread for discussion with others. ;-)

HTH and FWIW.  Also to note I receive the ALE email list in Digest format, so pardon any delays in responding in advance.

--- Crawford

The Linux ETC Company
10121 Yates Court
Westminster, CO 80031 USA