[ale] F15 on VM

Rich Faulkner rfaulkner at 34thprs.org
Wed Jun 8 13:03:35 EDT 2011

Last night it was trying out gnome3...today it was running F15 in a vm
to see how it runs on my Acer Travelmate.  The live cd on the Acer went
rather well and I was pleased to see Fedora exclaiming that it was sorry
that my hardware would not support gnome3.  Gee, that's just too bad!

I guess I'll find a way to live regardless...

The fallback DE was MUCH better but still clunky and awkward to navigate
in.  Still seems dumbed-down a lot and not including basic control
features like right-click.  I spent very little time in it thus far
today but see enough that I will try a bare-metal install on a test box
for further investigation of the "Fallback DE".

Will have to go back through this thread to see if I missed some good
finds/pointers along the way.

First thing I want to do is find where they put things...I don't like
the "missing" System menu to start with; but it's gotta be around here
somewhere.

RinL