[ale] gnome3. I give up.

Mike Harrison cluon at geeklabs.com
Wed Jun 8 08:20:22 EDT 2011

On Tue, 7 Jun 2011, James Sumners wrote:

> Here's something funny and on topi --
> https://twitter.com/1990slinuxuser/status/54942913846710272

Yeah. I just let my netbook update to 11.03 with Unity.
For the netbook it seems to be a functional upgrade and improvement.
We mostly use it as a music player at work, although sometimes one of us
wlll grab it for a "fashion accessory" and/or portable surfing machine.
It's a decent interface for my wife and light brainless consumption of
web content. It's an "appliance" interface.

I think we have reacheed an age where being stuck with ONE interface and
paradigm for everything is gone. That's the good news and the bad news.
Every uber-geek I meet has hacked their system into a completely
customized world that -they- like and is almost unusable to anyone else.

The interfaces for the rest of the world are evolving, some for the
better, some for the worse. We will have to sort out the good and the bad
and help it evolve more.

Out of chaos: order