[ale] live cd for partitioning LVM partitions.

Van Loggins vanloggins at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 19:04:44 EDT 2011

The main issues, is that RHEL5 doesn't
allow you to make changes to your /
partition if it's mounted. Our current
method involves booting to a specially
created RHEL based rescue system that
lives on our PXE server so we can work
on changing the LVM partitions and
layout without them being mounted.

Most of my team members are less savvy
with the linux command line than I am
(and I don't claim to be an expert with
it by any means) so was hoping to find a
good GUI based partition editor that is
able to work with LVM partitions so I
can help make the process easier.

I'll take a look at the gparted live cd,
Parted Magic also uses gparted, but they
may be further behind the gparted team
on the version that is being used for
parted magic.

Thanks