[ale] bye bye to speakeasy

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Wed Sep 1 17:36:00 EDT 2010

I have been an extremely satisfied customer of Speakeasy since 2003. I
frequently rave on the list about their quality or service, etc. I was very
nervous when BestBuy bought them but things worked out fine. This time,
however, I'm jumping ship. Comcast business class is about to get my money.

Covad/MegaPath/Speakeasy Close Transaction

Dear Speakeasy Customer,

I am very pleased to inform you that the merger with MegaPath and Covad has
closed. The three companies are now one under the MegaPath name.

This move builds on our existing service portfolio to provide you with more
of the services and solutions you need to achieve your business goals. The
new MegaPath's MPLS, voice, access, and security services provide customers
of all sizes with a comprehensive suite of solutions, including end-to-end
managed services over one of the largest nationwide broadband networks. It
will leverage the strengths of three companies focused on business
customers, creating a strong competitive advantage in the market.

With the addition of resources, mature channels, and enhancements to the
service portfolio, we expect the new company to extend our leadership
position in the marketplace. While there will be many changes necessary to
combine the three companies and to position the new MegaPath in the
marketplace, we will continue in a business-as-usual manner and will keep
you informed as changes are fully developed.

Customers can be assured that our policies regarding the protection of
personally identifiable information, including Customer Proprietary Network
Information, are not changing as a result of the combination of the three
companies.

Covad, MegaPath and Speakeasy will maintain their individual sales and
support operations during this transition. We look forward to bringing you
the world-class service and support that you have come to expect from us. To
learn more, please refer to the frequently asked
questions<http://speakeasy.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=cd718463151c3071a00f3581b&id=cd2f1ccd08&e=9037377d9f>prepared
for you.

Sincerely,

*Bruce Chatterley*
President and CEO
Speakeasy

James P. Kinney III
I would rather stumble along in freedom than walk effortlessly in chains.