[ale] AT&T Aria and Htc Tilt 2

Chad Huneycutt chad.huneycutt at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 11:59:32 EDT 2010

Jeff, unless the hardware of the aria is really inferior to the tilt2,
or you really prefer the tilt2 for some other reason, I would
recommend the native android phone.  I have the tilt2, and I am
experimenting with the xdandroid port for it, but it is not ready for
primetime.  In addition to the bits they haven't gotten working yet
like camera, bluetooth, power management (battery life under android
is just a few hours, and I have had it crash due to overheating a
couple times), the drivers they have ported aren't dependable either.
I frequently will place or receive calls and the microphone or
speaker, or both will not work.

Having said all that, I am stuck with the tilt2, so I am watching the
development closely, and I am hopeful they will get all the bugs
worked out, but don't expect to get the tilt2 and run android on it
reliably today.

- Chad

On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 10:47 AM, Lightner, Jeff <jlightner at water.com> wrote:
> Thanks.   This is going to be a company provided AT&T upgrade and these are
> the choices they gave me so I won’t be buying it myself.
>

> I’d found a review of Tilt2 from October last year (when AT&T introduced it)
> that said it had been around longer as Touch Pro 2 in Europe and some US
> carriers like T-Mobile as you indicated.   The Aria is apparently based on
> Android from the get go.
>

> How long did you have the Touch Pro 2?   Did you run the Android port or
> stay with Windows while you had it?

Chad M. Huneycutt