[ale] A Real Sad Loss for Open Source in the Atlanta Area

Mike Harrison cluon at geeklabs.com
Sun Oct 17 08:58:31 EDT 2010

On Sat, 16 Oct 2010, Michael Potter wrote:
> I wish OpenOffice the best, but the only way I will start to use it is if my
> clients are using it.

Chicken or Egg? You are being chicken. But unless others see their
are options, there will not be any choices. Far too many people in
the USA think the only option is an M$-Option.

If you find a rounding error/formula translation difference,
it needs to be identified and addressed. Remember: it might not be on the
OO side.

At $work, I use OpenOffice with spreadsheets, docs, and ppt's from M$-user
land. The fun part is, many of my overseas customers are now using
Libre/Open Office at work, some on Linux.

We have fed and raised the M$-giant, now we must sleep with him.

Got Lube?