[ale] A Real Sad Loss for Open Source in the Atlanta Area

Michael B. Trausch mike at trausch.us
Thu Oct 14 14:04:16 EDT 2010

On Thu, 2010-10-14 at 14:00 -0400, Jim Kinney wrote:
> so another school can't figure out how to use software and M$ has the
> solution?

Pretty much.  I honestly cannot believe the thing.  People in our
education system shouldn't be so incompetent that they cannot learn how
to use a different program with only a slightly different user
interface.  It just goes to show that they learn by memorization and
regurgitation, instead of learning fundamental concepts and exploiting
that knowledge to derive functional ability.  And that's exactly what
they're teaching to the children.

What a crock...

As an aside, Jim, did you get the mail I recently sent you off-list?

	--- Mike