[ale] Cd-r life

Ron Frazier atllinuxenthinfo at c3energy.com
Sat Oct 2 21:26:24 EDT 2010

Sorry to dispute this, but the longest lasting archival discs should appear
gold or light green.  See my other post on the subject, as well as this link.

http://www.mam-a.com/library/documents/News%20Articles/CCI%20Longevity%20of%20Recordable%20CDs%20and%20DVDs.pdf

Sincerely,

Ron

At 10/2/2010 09:45 AM -0400, you wrote:
>my links are on a backup tape, but yes. CD-R is a short life product
>unless it uses a specific type of dye. Those appear blueish on the data side.
>
>Still, a CD-R that has seen sunlight will die soon.
>
>On Sat, Oct 2, 2010 at 9:19 AM, Geoffrey Myers
><<mailto:lists at serioustechnology.com>lists at serioustechnology.com> wrote:
>I was under the impression that CD-Rs last a decade or more. Spotted a
>post on /. saying that recordings as late as 2008 are at risk. Anyone have
>links to real scientific data on this issue?
>
>--
>Later, Geoffrey
>Sent from my iPhone
>
>--
>--
>James P. Kinney III
>I would rather stumble along in freedom than walk effortlessly in chains.

Ron Frazier

770-205-9422 (O)   Leave a message.
linuxdude AT c3energy.com