[ale] droid bricks if mod'ed

Michael Trausch mike at trausch.us
Thu Jul 15 14:01:22 EDT 2010

Well, if you switch to a GSM network (where you get more control and
flexibility), you could get an HTC Dream or a Nexus One and run whatever you
want on it.  I am still running the Dream, but plan to buy a new phone in
the next 1 to 3 years when one comes out that is (IMHO) worth upgrading to.

The latest CyanogenMod, which is built around Android 2.2 with the JIT
compiler (disabled by default, but easy enough to enable) has put a breath
of new life in my current phone, so I don't feel like I need to upgrade
anymore for now.

--
Sent from my HTC Dream---Running Froyo!
Thanks, @cyanogen!

On Jul 15, 2010 12:21 PM, "Jim Kinney" <jim.kinney at gmail.com> wrote:

http://yro.slashdot.org/story/10/07/15/1317205/Droid-X-Self-Destructs-If-You-Try-To-Mod

> So the Motorola Droid I bought doesn't really belong to me. Somewhere I
> missed the "and Motorola reserves the right to destroy your device on a
> whim" clause in the paperwork when I bought the it.
>
> <tinfoil hat>since verizon can push any update to the phone, it is
possible
> to brick this thing remotely for "Terms of Service" violations as well.
The