[ale] speed test interest.

Atlanta Geek atlantageek at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 23:44:18 EDT 2010

So in our new home we are trying to go without cable & satellite. We
have DSL only service from att and have not been impressed.  I assumed
that we were spoiled by cable modems and Uverse.

I checked out speedtest.net and strangely enough the dsl performance
was exactly what was purchased.  6 Mbps down 0.25 Mbps up. Even when
everything else seemed to be crawling speedtest was perfect.

Today I looked for an alternative to speedtest.net and found a few on google.
And after trying 3 or 4 speedtests they all are giving me half the
download speed as speedtest.net

Im wondering if AT&T is giving speedtest.net priority?

--
http://www.atlantageek.com