[ale] _W_T_F_!!!!

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Sat Jul 3 15:38:31 EDT 2010

I use exclusively Linux systems. As I was initially concerned about the
security aspects of perhaps data leaking from google to faceplant through
the javascript engine in firefox (which has had some cross-site scripting
issues in the past) it seemed relevant to post the big WTF here since this
list is my (typical) first point of contact for many thing of a general
technical and/or Linux nature.

Since I have root on a fairly respectable pile of systems, I count myself
(solopsistically, I agree - http://www.thefreedictionary.com/solipsistic )
as far closer to a creator of the universe than a mere resident, thus it's
_MY_ universe and I get to set the rules here

On Sat, Jul 3, 2010 at 3:20 PM, <jcpilman at gmail.com> wrote:

> In what universe does this thread not count as social networking. And how
> is this not [OT] ?
>
> On Jul 3, 2010 1:43 PM, "Jim Kinney" <jim.kinney at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I think social networking is a total waste of time. However there are
> people in my life that that matter to me and they think it's better than
> fresh figs with a dollop of goat cheese all wrapped in prosciutto (YUM!).
> And since they are posting pics of their current adventures on that
> abomination faceplant, I gave up and signed up an account.
>
> I was asked _before_ I could tweak privacy settings if I wanted to search
> my gmail contacts for "friends". I selected "NO" (didn't see a _HELL_NO_
> button).
>
> So imagine my shock and horror when faceplant offered to make friends of a
> list of people from my gmail contacts anyway.
>
> Most telling was the contact to a bogus account I use for testing that has
> a garbage name (like aassddffgg at gmail). I had just done a mail exchange
> between that account an my normal account about 2 hours earlier so it was a
> "recent" contact. At the time I was signing up on faceplant I did have gmail
> open and I was logged in. But I did NOT give faceplant my permission to
> scour my contacts.
>
> Zuckerman gets big "YOU SUCK" in my list of people to subpeona for crime
> against humanity.

> James P. Kinney III
> Actively in pursuit of Life, Liberty and Happiness
> Doing pretty well on all 3 pursuits
>
>  Faith is a cop-out. If the only way you can accept an assertion is by
> faith, then you are conceding that it can’t be taken on its own merits.
>    Dan Barker, "Losing Faith in Faith", 1992

James P. Kinney III