[ale] sudden printer headache

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Sat Jul 3 13:39:50 EDT 2010

AH! Check printer setting for how to handle errors. Seems the often default
is to disable printing instead of abort job.

On Sat, Jul 3, 2010 at 1:26 PM, drifter <drifter at oppositelock.org> wrote:

> On Saturday 03 July 2010 12:57:40 Paul Cartwright wrote (in part):
>
> > was the printer turned on when you rebooted? sometimes it gets stuck in
> >  a state that cups doesn't like..
> > you might try adding it again as a new printer, and see if that helps.
> >

> Problem solved.
>
> On Paul's suggestion I ran lpstat -t, which reported that the printer was
> disabled. WTF  It was working fine two weeks ago when I turned things
> off.
> This is a FC11 box, using KDE. Went to Applications>Administration>
> Printing.  Lo and behold, the printer was not "Enabled."  Checked the
> appropriate box in the GUI and now print jobs are not hanging in the queue.
>
> Sean

James P. Kinney III
Doing pretty well on all 3 pursuits

 Faith is a cop-out. If the only way you can accept an assertion is by
faith, then you are conceding that it can’t be taken on its own merits.
   Dan Barker, "Losing Faith in Faith", 1992