[ale] sudden printer headache

drifter drifter at oppositelock.org
Sat Jul 3 13:26:36 EDT 2010

On Saturday 03 July 2010 12:57:40 Paul Cartwright wrote (in part):

> was the printer turned on when you rebooted? sometimes it gets stuck in
>  a state that cups doesn't like..
> you might try adding it again as a new printer, and see if that helps.

Problem solved.

On Paul's suggestion I ran lpstat -t, which reported that the printer was
disabled. WTF  It was working fine two weeks ago when I turned things
off.
This is a FC11 box, using KDE. Went to Applications>Administration>
Printing.  Lo and behold, the printer was not "Enabled."  Checked the
appropriate box in the GUI and now print jobs are not hanging in the queue.

Sean