[ale] interesting salary data posted by Red Hat

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Wed Dec 22 15:36:59 EST 2010

On Wed, Dec 22, 2010 at 3:10 PM, Chuck Peters <cp at axs.org> wrote:

> A search for linux found this link.
> http://jobgraphs.com/operating-systems-comparison
>
> 734 Windows and 951 Linux, I question the accuracy of these stats.

That seems about right to me. The IT sector is growing and the pressure is
on to do more with less. The writing has been on the wall for quite some
time that Linux systems make better backroom servers than windows for most
uses. Since most businesses are trying to expand their online presence it
make sense that the demand for Linux skills outpaces windows skills. So
those stats would be for new jobs. It's a trend that I've been expecting for
a while: growth in Linux jobs with a moderate decline in windows job growth.

That said, their search my pull up all jobs with Linux in the skills. I
expect there to be a large number of multi-functional jobs.

James P. Kinney III
I would rather stumble along in freedom than walk effortlessly in chains.