[ale] interesting salary data posted by Red Hat

Chuck Peters cp at axs.org
Wed Dec 22 15:10:51 EST 2010

On Wed, Dec 22, 2010 at 12:55 PM, Geoffrey Myers <
lists at serioustechnology.com> wrote:

> http://jobgraphs.com/redhat-linux/

The subject of the email as far as a description of the data appears to be
inaccurate.  It appears jobgraphs.com gather the data from various job
sites, not from Redhat.

The jobgraphs about page states:
How we collect the data:

Most of the data collection job is done manually to avoid redundancies (by
full time software professionals).
Selecting The Best Job site:

We first start by selecting a Job site for a country that has maximum number
of jobs for a particular technology, then we drill down in the details like
Skills that are asked, salary and the experienced required. For example if
there are more Siebel jobs in Monster in Italy then we collect the details
from Monster for that particular month.

I tried a few other searches on the site...

Your search for *'ubuntu'* did not return any results.

A search for linux found this link.
http://jobgraphs.com/operating-systems-comparison

734 Windows and 951 Linux, I question the accuracy of these stats.

Chuck