[ale] MAC question

Richard Faulkner rfaulkner at 34thprs.org
Sat Dec 18 16:30:49 EST 2010

How about running a virtual machine?  The question is can the hardware
support the virtual machines?

I used to run OS X on VMWare on XP at XM for developmental work.  I
basically ran anything I wanted to on VMWare...so I can't imagine that
your
friend couldn't run that on XP and load OS X.

But why go to all that trouble?  Surely there must be a most excellent
Linux program that will do what he wants.  This is what I teach people:
unlearn thinking in terms of proprietary software and tools and start
thinking about FLOSS replacements instead.  Once they do that they are
MUCH happier and truly appreciate the power of FLOSS systems!

Rich in Lilburn