[ale] MAC question

Chuck Payne terrorpup at gmail.com
Sat Dec 18 12:00:32 EST 2010

On Sat, Dec 18, 2010 at 11:48 AM, Paul Cartwright <ale at pcartwright.com> wrote:
> a friend of mine saw my sig, and asked a question, that I have no answer
> for... Anyone??
>
> By the way I see you are a Linux user. Does that mean that is you only
> OS. I am using a MAC and I wish I could afford to buy a new Mac laptop.
> The Mac Laptop is very expensive.
>
> Question?
>
> Can I take my present Microsoft laptop (old) and put a Linux OS on it
> and run MAC applications like "IBANK"?
>

> --
> Paul Cartwright
> Registered Linux user # 367800
> Registered Ubuntu User #12459

Sadly no. There were emus like PearPC that ran on top of linux, PPC
10.2 Mac OS X. There was a project alled Linrabbit what was suppose to
be the mac os wine, but I hasn't see anything about in years.
VirtualBox, Parrellels, and VMWare will run mac os x server, but if
you are going that route, by mac mini.

SheepSaver is another emu, but it only runs Classic MacOS 9.0, but
you have to find a mac rom to use, and disc to install from.

openSUSE Ambassador/openSUSE Member
freenode(irc) --terrorpup/lupinstein

Studio a try. www.susestudio.com.