[ale] openSUSE build service is seeing more and more adoption

Greg Freemyer greg.freemyer at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 12:37:40 EST 2010

All,

I just saw this post:
http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-buildservice/2010-12/msg00064.html

It shows Intel and the LinuxFoundation contributing major features to
the openSUSE Build Service (OBS) software (fully GPL).

I've seen Dell post about their using it in house as well, so it
appears there are lots of users building up their own internal build
farms based on OBS.  It runs on openSUSE, Fedora, and Ubuntu I believe
and builds for all as well.

Cross-platform Build Farms is not something I follow except OBS, but
if it is something you need you might want to follow the OBS releases
/ use to see if it works for you.

Greg