[ale] eBook readers for PDF reference material

Michael B. Trausch mike at trausch.us
Fri Aug 20 13:30:03 EDT 2010

I'm wondering if anyone here has purchased any one of the various ebook
readers available for the purpose of loading reference material onto it,
and likes it.

I've been trying to figure out which one to buy for a while now.  I keep
coming back to the Kindle DX, which seems to support the least number of
formats, but supports PDFs (which is what I use the most) and has a
relatively large "paper" size.  Most of the PDFs that I get for this are
letter-sized, or almost letter sized, and while I can probably
regenerate a perfectly sized PDF for whatever screen, I don't
necessarily want to go to all that effort (though if that is better for
one reason or another, I will).

Anyone have thoughts on this?

	--- Mike