[ale] Oops, I was wrong (for Ubuntu) Re: Grub Boot Menu Splash Image in Ubuntu 10.04 Question

Michael B. Trausch mike at trausch.us
Thu Aug 19 15:31:26 EDT 2010

On Thu, 2010-08-19 at 12:38 -0400, wolf at wolfhalton.info wrote:
> I notice that my grub boot menu splash screen is a picture of the
> debian logo.  Is there a place to go to customize this graphic?  There
> is nothing wrong with it.  I just want to be able to know how to
> change it.

Of course, Ubuntu does it differently.  Oh well, maybe GRUB 2 isn't the
end of the distribution-specific changes.  At least they are fewer:

      * sudo aptitude install grub2-splashimages
      * Update the WALLPAPER line in /etc/grub.d/05_debian_theme to
        point to the picture that you want to use.
      * sudo update-grub

Yep, that's pretty easy.

They basically wrote a bit of a wrapper around it so that you don't have
to worry about loading modules and the like yourself.

	-- Mike