[ale] Photomanager

William Fragakis william at fragakis.com
Tue Aug 17 23:19:10 EDT 2010

Thanks to all the recommendations.

I've downloaded Picassa which looks pretty cool - except on first run,
it starts to catalog all your images before you get a chance to exclude
some directories (like locally stored web sites, etc.) The WINE-ish
default look is a little hard to get used to. But, it's very
functional.

I'll also give Shotwell a try.

It would be nice if F-spot would run properly. It may well be an issue
of I'm running it on a thin client with locally mounted SD cards. Maybe
I'm asking more from it and fuse than I should - or at least what my
capabilities will allow.

Again, thanks.

wf