[ale] Fedora 12 and prism54 wireless card

Geoffrey lists at serioustechnology.com
Mon Aug 16 19:57:54 EDT 2010

Geoffrey wrote:
> So I reloaded an old laptop with Fedora 12.  I know F13 is out there,
> but I need F12.  Anyway, I've got a pcmcia wireless card that is based
> on the prism54 chipset which worked just fine under Mandriva.  Plugged
> it in and configured it.
>
> Fedora apparently does not have the prism54 driver.  Can't seem to
> locate a variant either.  Suggestions would be appreciated.

So apparently the driver module is there.  Problem is the firmware is
not.  This really sucks.  I had this problem years ago when I first
tried to get this working with Fedora.  Mandriva just bloody worked.
Here I'm dropping to the shell to hack this in.

What the hell?

--
Until later, Geoffrey

the pretense of taking care of them."