[ale] custom LIve CD

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Wed Aug 11 18:41:29 EDT 2010

On Wed, 2010-08-11 at 18:23 -0400, Brian Pitts wrote:

> Does this work reliably for you? I had some breakages when kernel and
> installer stuff was updated back in 9.10. I ended up doing

It works fine.  I originally created these scripts so I could create
Ubuntu install CDs with Amateur Radio programs pre-loaded and everything
updated.

The only problem I've add is that I can not get the Nvidia stuff working
in persist mode under 10.04.  I created a 10.04 persist mode USB system
so that members of our club could run Ubuntu without installation.  I
ran the stick for about a week before I installed it on my 9.10 system.

I do not update the kernel on the live CD.  That can be done after
install.